Sunday, January 25, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

What a great weekend! It's been fun! I attended my first ever scrap. There's a small group Bible study at church that meets once a month from 9am to 5pm that I've been trying to get to for almost a year. However, every Saturday it's been planned I've had something already planned. Until yesterday! There were about 15 of us that showed up. Some stayed just a few hours, and some stayed all day...like me. I really didn't know what to expect. I spent Thursday and Friday evenings putting together about 9 spreads to take and complete. I had everything planned, so all I had left to do was piece it all together. By the end of the day I had completed 5 spreads (10 pages). I had the best time, too. It was nice spending time with the "girls"...something I don't do nearly often enough. What was funny, though, was that the "girls" ranged in age from late twenties to early seventies! It was a blast. I'm already ready for next month's meeting!

I think I'm FINALLY gonna get the snow I've been hoping for. Right now the National Weather Service is calling for us to get at least 4 inches of snow plus some sleet between Monday night and Tuesday night. OF COURSE I'll HAVE to go to the grocery store tomorrow. Not really because we need all that much, but just to experience the mayhem. =)

I've got my Menu Plan ready for this week, but if the snow comes we may throw caution to the wind and just eat whatever we want. And if the power goes out I'm not promising any plan will be followed!

Here's what's on the books for this week:
Monday - turkey pot pie, broccoli, salad; Tuesday - marinated chicken breasts, hominy, salad or green beans; Wednesday - turkey a la king served over baked potatoes; Thursday - chicken stir fry; Friday - Mexican take-out probably (my guys will be at our church's annual Wild Game Feast); Saturday - tacos; Sunday - velveeta dip and bacon-wrapped little smokies while we enjoy the Super Bowl.

I'm also chugging right along with the job hunt. I applied for another job Friday with the foundation of one of the local hospitals. I'm praying for favor with that application. One of my former employers is on the board of the hospital foundation. I was able to speak with her on the phone Friday afternoon and give her a heads up that I applied for the spot. I believe this is a job that I'd really enjoy. It's full time and has great benefits. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: