Monday, January 12, 2009

Finally!

I finally started it!!! It's only been about 4 years, but I finally started it!!!

What's "IT"??? IT is the scrapbook from out 2005 Cocoa Beach/Orlando vacation. Yep, that's right...2005. At the end of last week I was getting the itch to start doing some stuff with it. So, I began by grouping all the pictures together. Then put them in order of "activity" (ex: building sand castle, going to Kennedy Space Center, going to the Race Rock Restaurant, etc.). Then I realized that when I'd originally ordered prints of my digital photos, I'd left out some good pictures that I really wanted. So, I place another order this weekend. Those photos should be here by the end of the week. I've already "roughly" organized the pics by two-page spreads, so will just have to tweak that some once the new pics get here.

I actually completed two pages of the book last night. It feels good to finally get those memories on paper. We had a great trip, and I think Jake was old enough to remember the whole thing.

Here's some shots of the two completed pages:






I had originally planned to start working on Jake's football scrapbook once I got back into the swing of things after the first of the year. But, now I'm thinking that the vacation book will get done first. I've already got the pictures all together along with the embellishments that I have so far. I realized yesterday that I didn't have near the quantity of embellishments that I thought I had. Guess that means a trip or two to Hobby Lobby! Darn! =)

No comments: