Friday, December 19, 2008

Free Tip Friday

A special holiday tip for you today. Ever lose gifts under the tree? Ever get to Aunt Susie's or Grandma's house and realize you forgot to get Uncle Barney's gift from under the tree? Guilty!

About a week or so before the festivities begin, I completely clear everything out from under the tree. Because, up till this point I've been a wrapping fool...wrap, throw it under the tree, wrap, throw it under the tree, wrap, throw it under the tree. You get the idea! :)

Well, after everything is cleared out, I sort according to who's gifts go where. For example, we're going to my cousin's house Saturday. So all the gifts that go there will be grouped together and put back under the tree last since they have to leave the house first. The gifts for my dad and his wife will be grouped together and put back under the tree first because we won't celebrate with them till Christmas afternoon here at our home.

That's just how I have to do it...been doing it that way for years. I also haul out one or two of my laundry baskets to help transport the gifts to and from the different get-togethers. I use the baskets because by this time I have no empty boxes left...they all been wrapped and put under the tree! :)

No comments: