Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'll be taking a break from posting until after the first of the year. Please check in on New Year's Day, though...I already have a post scheduled for that day.

This will be my 5th Christmas since losing my mom to adrenal cancer. Wow...five years already. I haven't cried much yet this season (excluding the potato candy incident). I don't know if that's a good or bad sign. My heart still hurts from missing her so much. But, God is good, and I'm able to enjoy the season and praise Him for His faithfulness to me and my family.

So, my prayer is that you'll also be able to enjoy the season. Celebrate the birth of our Savior. Cherish time spent with family. Hug your spouse and your children and tell them you love them. Then welcome the new year and all the possibilities that come with it.

Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

God Bless you all this season. I imagine the loss is always felt even as time passes.

"See" you on the 5th.