Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today (and every other day, too!) I am thankful for my in-laws. God has blessed me indeed with the family I got the day I married Jim.

As I grew up, I knew my mom didn't have the best relationship with her mother-in-law. However, my dad lucked out and really got along well with my mom's family. Truthfully, I never really thought much about what my relationship would be like with in-laws. Jim's folks have always been good to me, and I know they've always loved me. It wasn't until my mom passed away in 2004, though, that I realized how much I really loved them and needed them in my life. It was at that time that they became my parents, too.

I thank God that I have saved, Bible-believing in-laws. I thank God for my sister-in-law who is like the sister I never had. I also thank Him for two awesome nephews and a terrific new brother-in-law.

I couldn't have it any better than I do!

No comments: