Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to my first Thankful Thursday post.

I am so thankful for my church and pastor. We attend Cape First Church, which is pastored by Gary Brothers. Thank you, God, for this man!

We've attended Cape First since the spring of 2001. Jim and I have both grown soooo much in that time. This is the home where Jake was saved and baptized. These are the friends we are closer to than a lot of our family. This is what it's supposed to be!

Pastor Gary is a practical preacher. He doesn't just tell you what to and not to do, but he focuses on making sure you know HOW to make that happen. He's exactly the type of pastor our family needs.

This is where God has called us. This is where we're staying till God points us in a different direction. (but not anytime too soon please)

If you're ever in Cape Girardeau on a Sunday, please come to a service (9am, 11am, 5:01pm). Stop by the website for news, events, podcasts, and more. http://www.capefirst.org/

1 comment:

mandy said...

So... My husband and I are sitting here trying to figure out if Missouri has enough water to have a cape... Hmmm.... The mysteries of life!
:)

Thanks for visiting my blog. Just wanted to stop by & say hey!