Friday, July 25, 2008

It's a date!

ok...so I've done some "tweaking" to my blog. And, you know, I'm a woman, so it probably won't be the last time either. I love playing with the colors, fonts, and other elements. I've enjoyed blogging more than I thought I would. It's reminded me of writing in my diary as a kid and has made me look back over my days and find the good and important memories that I might otherwise have taken for granted. I've also found a fondness of reading other people's blogs. The different writing styles I've found have been inspiring.

In my area school starts up August 18th. Could it be that Jake's summer is almost over? He and I made a date today. Between now and the 18th hubby will be gone for a few days on a business trip, leaving Jake and I with alone time. We decided that on the day he gets registered for 7th grade and gets his schedule we are also going to purchase school supplies, then -- Red Lobster. He absolutely loves this place. A friend of his got him turned on to crab legs. Oh my can he eat the crab legs! We go in, order, eat the yummy biscuits until our meals arrive, then I finish my meal while he's still cracking legs. He has a blast...and that's the important thing. We both stink like fish and need showers from his crab crackin', but we've made memories. I made sure he knew I wrote our date in my planner in INK so it can't be erased.

The time has already passed by so quickly since Jake was born, and I know the next 6 years till he's 18 will be gone before I know it. Over the last year I can tell he's growing from boy to young man. I love it and I hate it. My little boy is disappearing, but the young man he's becoming really wow's me. Last year when he left for church camp I had to get my hug and kiss before we left the house to head to church. This year? - hubby and I both got kisses and hugs right outside the bus with all the other kids watching. I love that stuff!!!

No comments: