Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Well, for some reason the first time I typed this and tried to post it vanished. Obviously the devil didn't want my words getting out there. Too bad - 'cause here I go again....

Today is the day out country celebrates our independence. We are blessed to live in the most free country in the world, but do you know we have other freedoms to enjoy? Freedom in Christ!

I've learned over the last few years how to be more free then I ever knew I could. Through Christ I have experienced the freedom to be who He created me to be, the freedom to love others through Him, and the freedom to forgive and experience forgiveness. God created each of us differently, so it's more than ok if we're not as pretty, skinny, talented, etc as the person we keep comparing ourselves to. It's my job to be the best "me" I can, and you the best "you" you can. That's what God wants. God showers His grace and mercy on us because He knows that it's a difficult task in our eyes.

So, remember, enjoy the freedoms of our country, but LIVE and GROW in the freedom of Christ!


I was afraid today would turn into one of those "hang out in my gown all day" days. However, it's been way more productive than that. By 9am I had done two loads of laundry, boiled and deviled about two dozen eggs, and baked an 11x15 cake to decorate. Whew!

This afternoon I decorated the cake...I've taken a couple Wilton classes, so I got nominated to do the cake. My cousin and his wife are expecting their first baby in August. We're having a family get-together/shower for them tomorrow. (the blocks on the cake spell BABY in case it doesn't show in the pic)

My biggest accomplishment for the day?...I FINALLY tagged and organized all my pictures in Photoshop. Yea me! :-) Now I'll be better prepared when I begin scrapbooking again.

For now, I'm just waiting till dark...hubby and son bought me sparklers and a 61-shot fountain that I can wait to fire off.

Enjoy your fireworks, stay safe, and be blessed!

No comments: