Sunday, July 6, 2008

bummed today...

Today has been a bag of mixed emotions for me. This morning my mom has been on my mind a lot. My good days outnumber my bad days now. But when I have a bad day, I'm very down.

***My mom died in 2004, four months to the day from when she was diagnosed with very rare adrenal cancer.***

There's just been something in my core today that has simply deflated me and kind of left me in a fog. I know it will pass, but I'd like to ask that those of you who are reading to say a quick prayer for me regarding my state of "bummed-ness".

On a lighter note, we did go to a family lunch today to celebrate my nephew's 3rd birthday. I love it when (especially little boys) kids reach that age when their baby image/toddler image seems to fade away and the little boy/man look come on them. Well, that's where my nephew is. Over the last few months he's lost the baby face that he had, and it's been replaced with the boy he is becoming. Love it, love it, love it!

I got to spend some one on one time with my mom-in-law this afternoon. That was overdue. We got to talk about when she and dad-in-law were beginning to raise their family, build a house, and when she went to work when the kids were all in school. I really like just sitting and visiting with her. I know there are millions of women who despise their MIL, but I am not one of them. God blessed me beyond measure with mine. If I can't have my own mom to be with, my MIL is definitely the next best thing!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to see what's happening with me. Until next the next moment......

No comments: