Sunday, April 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I'm ready for week #3 at work and have another two week's worth of meals planned. I missed almost two whole days at work this week for being sick. When it began I thought it was the stomach flu, but looks like it was a round of flared up sinuses getting started. Yeah me! This will be a much better week, I'm sure!

Needless to say, some of last week's meals didn't get eaten thanks to me being sick and there being lots of meatloaf leftovers! =)

So here's what's up for this week and next:

Mon: chicken a la king over baked potatoes, salad
Tue: roundsteak and gravy in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Wed: baked chicken breasts, baked potatoes, salad
Thu: beef roast and potatoes in the crock pot, green beans
Fri: tacos
Sat: turkey pot pie, salad
Sun: Easter lunch at the in-laws, if we have room for supper it'll be ham and cheese quiche
Mon: chopped sirloin in the crock pot with brown gravy (like salisbury steak), baked potatoes, salad
Tue: sloppy joes, corn, green beans
Wed: canned beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad
Thu: marinated chicken breasts in the crock pot, stuffing, green beans
Fri: boston butt roast, stuffing, salad
Sat: breakfast (eggs, hash browns, sausage gravy, biscuits)
Sun: hot dogs, baked beans, salad for lunch, week's leftovers for supper

I've been really surprised at how quickly I'm able to get supper ready in the evenings. I mean, I knew I was saving time by pre-cooking lots of things and by using my crock pot, but WOW! I get home by 5:20 or 5:25, and we're usually eating by 5:45! I think that's awesome because I was afraid it'd still be 6:15 or later. That all means that by 6:30 I've got supper over and my kitchen cleaned up...and the rest of the evening to do whatever strikes my fancy! I like that!!!

Do you have any time-saving ideas? Not just for the kitchen, but for anywhere around the house or in your daily routine? I'd love to hear them, so leave a comment or two!

Have an awesome week!!!

No comments: