Sunday, March 29, 2009

aaaah....Sunday

Well, I'm about to embark on my second week back at full time work. I believe I am ready...emotionally and in every other way. I've gotten the clothes picked out for each day, and ironed all this afternoon. I'm looking forward to making some headway on the old accounts list I've been working on at the office. I'm also looking forward to dropping a few more pounds this week!

The weight loss has been an added benefit of going to work some place new. Here's why...nervous stomach. See...there's only two bathrooms in the whole place. And - one of those is for the "guys". Apparently it's pretty gross. It's in the back of the building and rarely, if ever, used by the office girls. So, that leaves the one bathroom by the front desk to be used by patients and everyone else. Well, I don't want to be running to the bathroom all day, so I have been VERY cautious about what I eat each day and evening. Pepto was my friend for a couple days last week.

I know, I know...probably too much info for those few of you reading this. But, hey, I'm just trying to keep it real! =)

Anyway, I've been eating about 1/2 a sandwich for lunch and munch on honey wheat pretzels before and after. I haven't been eating breakfast, but eating some crackers or the pretzels at work. For dinner, I've been eating about half of a normal meal and being very cautions of grease/fat intake. I can't live on Immodium and Pepto, so I have to make the adjustments to my diet. It's paid off on the scales. I dropped 3 or 4 pounds last week. Yeah!

My new workplace is right in front of our local mall, so my plan is to eventually walk there on my lunch break. However, I was so beat last week I never had enough energy to go walk. We'll see how this week goes.

I've got no new post for Menu Plan Monday since I posted two week's worth of meals last week. Although, there will probably be at least one change to the plan. I found out that Jim will be working late Friday and a lot of Saturday. So, looks like Jake and I will get to indulge in some fast food Friday night. (I've decided that Friday night and part of Saturday can be my "pig out" times.) I'm hoping he picks McD's, BK, or Sonic. Hhhmmm...guess since I'm driving AND paying I can say where we go, huh? =)

Have an awesome week!

No comments: