Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Two Yummy Dishes!!!

I made a new dip for our Christmas Day snack buffet. It's a variation on the Rotel/Velveeta dip. I sort of combined two different recipes I found online and came up with a dip our whole family raved about.

Here's what's in it: 2 lb block Velveeta cut into cubes, 1 lb browned hot pork sausage, 1 lb browned ground beef, 1/2 pouch taco seasoning mix, 1 can Rotel (***I used a can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onions...which I ran through the blender to get rid of the large chunks), 1 can cream of mushroom soup. I heated this on the stovetop to make sure it all melted together, then kept it warm in the crockpot. Serve with tortilla chips. Oh. My. Goodness. This was one yummy dip!!! Definitely a keeper!




The other dish is, well...it's S.O.S. Yes, that's right...s*** on a shingle. My husband requested it. He grew VERY fond of it during his 8 years serving in the US Navy. I'd never made it before, but he'd requested it recently, so I thought I'd give it a try. Oh. Yummmmm! It was go good!

Here's what's in it: thin sliced beef (I used 6 packages of the Carl Buddig brand, but could have used less), white gravy (I made mine from bacon drippings, but you could also use what's in the can at the grocery store). That's it. That's all that's in it. We ate it over toast for breakfast. S.O.S. where have you been all my life. Granted, this is not a "healthy" meal, but it sure was good. There was PLENTY for leftovers too.



Happy eating!!! =)

No comments: