Friday, May 1, 2009

Thoughts from the week...

Welcome back...to me! =)

It feels like forever since I've posted here, but it's really only been a couple weeks. Sorry for the absence. Guess I really am still getting adjusted to working 40 hours a week.

I've noticed there are a lot of things I'm letting slip lately. I'd gotten into a "groove" while I was part time and then off work completely. Laundry was on Monday and Friday. Bathrooms were usually Friday. I mopped once a week. Etc. Etc. Etc. WELLLL...not so much anymore. I cherish my weekends, so hate to take up time with housecleaning. But I'm so tired when I get home at 5:30 I don't want to do it then either! I am managing, but the house looks like I'm BARELY managing! LOL! So, PLEASE...call before you come by...give me at least 30 minutes to straighten up. Thank you. =)

Jake had his very first band concert Monday night. He just started playing his bassoon last July, but he has made great improvements since then. I was very unsure how much the other band members had improved, though. However, I was pleasantly surprised by 7:03 Monday evening! They'd only been together to practice as a whole band ONCE. Yes, ONCE! You would have never known. They were terrific.

One highlight of the evening was being able to snap a picture of Jake and his girlfriend, Hannah. It turned out sooo cute!



The event was very sly...the first pic I took they were just standing side by side. But...when I got ready for pic #2, little mister put his arm around her. Of course, she was grinning from ear to ear (as you can see). Oh my...

It's still hard to believe my little boy is growing up.

No comments: