Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lasagna Roll-up Recipe

I had a request from a friend to post this new recipe we tried on to my blog. These were very yummy! It's a Mr. Food recipe (gotta give the man credit!), but I altered it to suit our tastes.

1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (2 pound) container ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 eggs
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
12 to 14 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions

**NOTE** I used to jars alfredo sauce (the two together totaled about 28 oz) instead of the spaghetti sauce. I also added 1 pound browned Italian sausage to the ricotta mixture. Because I added the sausage, I ended up using a total of 15 noodles.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour half the spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, and salt until well blended. Spoon the cheese mixture over the lasagna noodles, distributing evenly, and roll up tightly. Place the roll-ups seam-side down in the baking dish and top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through.

This was so good! We've agreed that next time I will use spaghetti sauce to see which version we like better. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: