Wednesday, February 25, 2009

uuummm...

Well, today I have played the waiting game...and have gotten pretty much nothing done. Honestly, I expected to get a call today offering me the job I interviewed for yesterday. And...nothing. I began to get a little frustrated, but then God reminded me that I've prayed for His will. If this job isn't where He wants me I WON'T get a call. Duh! I know, I know. Anyone who's needed a job and finally got an interview knows what I'm talking about - this emotional roller coaster. I will admit, though, it's not as bad this time as it was in 2005 when I lost my job. At that time we struggled majorly without a second paycheck. This time, not so bad. Thank you Jesus for that! So, now what??? Well, to meet the requirements for my unemployement benefits, I still have to apply or check on two more jobs this week. A position has opened up where my sister-in-law and her husband work, so I'll send in that application. Then, I'll check one more spot. All the while, I'll still keep praying for God's direction, favor, and grace.

I did get a few cards made today, though. My goal in January was to get all the ones I'd need for the entire year done. Well, hehehe, that didn't happen. I got a HUGE headstart on them, but just not completed. So today I jumped back on the card-making bandwagon and off I went. We have a family friend who's had a horrible hospital stay and surgery which have taken up the past month or so of her life. She's finally home, thank the Lord. She's been on my mind, and I wanted to get a card done for her. Here's the three I did today:





My son had a difficult time making out the "get well soon" card, so I may re-think that one. What do you think? Is it difficult to read?

The other two are pretty much just alike except for the colors. I think they turned out really nice. The pink one looks grey and blah in the pic...but it's pink and chocolate. I really like the blue and chocolate one. I'm thinking that's my fave today!

I attended my monthly scrapbooking get-together this past Saturday and had a wonderful time again. It's so nice to spend the day with girls/women. I also really enjoy seeing how others do their scrapbooking. Often I compare my pages with those featured in the magazines...not the best way to build self-esteem, I'm telling ya! I have to frequently remind myself that those pages aren't ME. My stuff is ME no matter how embellished or how plain the pages turn out. Check back in the days ahead for some pictures of pages I've completed recently. Then you can give your opinion on them.

Well, the kitchen is calling. We have grilled sandwiches on the menu, but there were enough porkchops left from last night's meal for tonight. So, I'm thinking leftovers!

No comments: