Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my plan for now...

Unemployment has been filed. I found out yesterday that I am qualified and will make within a few dollars the same money I was making while working. Thank you God!

I'm hoping to get a call for an interview for the job that I really want at the hospital. I have a connection there...a former boss is the past president of the hospital foundation (that's where the job is), and she is currently still on the board. I've also been praying for favor for this job. I've not worked in the fundraising world before...I've lived it with football, band, church, etc, but never had to do it for work. I think this position would be exciting and not boring, but also one that I could do well as organized as I am. Please join with me in praying for favor with this position!

Today is the first day Jake's been back to school. They were already scheduled to be out yesterday for professional development. This is a day I would have normally been at work after dropping Jake at school. So far today has included dropping Jake at school, one load of laundry, updating the checkbook and organizing some bills, filing all the paid bills from the beginning of this year, grocery shopping at three different stores, putting said groceries away, and beginning to cook two boston butts I bought.

I also took some time while folding a load of laundry to watch the episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 that I recorded last night. I just really like that show. She cracks me up most of the time. There are moments that I can SOOOOO relate to her, then, of course, there are others where I think she's way too hard on her husband. But we're all guilty of that at some time or another, aren't we? They're officially moved into their new home. This house seems amazing! They have so much more room and actual acreage with the house, too. I'm excited to see future episodes to see how the family adjusts to the new home.

I've officially completed my first whole scrapbook ever! I'd never scrapped our vacation to Orlando and Cocoa Beach from 2005. Now it's done. Guess I'll be moving on to do some more work on Jake's football book. I started it last year, but didn't get very far.

I'm also doing something new this year...Project 365. Becky Higgins designed a kit for Creating Keepsakes to help scrap these pics. Here's what it's all about...you take one photo per day for an entire year. At the end of the year you've got 365 pics. Well, the kit went on sale and sold out within an hour or two on New Years Day. Needless to say I didn't get one. Now you can order it, but it'll be on back order. I'm still debating on whether or not to purchase the kit. I know it'd save lots of time...but would be very individualized. In other words, my Project 365 book will look like hundreds of other's when we're all done. So, I'm still thinking of just winging it on my own. However, at some point pretty soon, I am going to have to begin the scrapping process of these pictures...'cause I sure as heck can't wait till the end of the year! =)

While I'm waiting for that call to schedule an interview, I've decided to make the most of my time. I'm going to try to get some extra cleaning done around the house and get some extra food in the freezer (already cooked). I know once I'm back at work full time things around here will have to change some. I haven't worked 40 hours per week in about two years. I'll admit it's been wonderful, and I have felt very spoiled. But I will also admit that having two full time paychecks coming into our bank account will be very nice, too! For now, though...I'm gonna be Miss Holly Homemaker...and enjoy every minute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will get bored very quickly! I am even though there is lots to do around the house. I love Jon & Kate's new house and yes she is mean to him sometimes!